Wednesday, January 13, 2016

"My Expectations"

As spring rolls in the new year, I am excited for what the new school year has to offer!. I am excited to push myself to new heights and limits. I will admit, for the past couple of days, I have been doubting myself to see whether or not if I were truly passionate about the CS field, come to find out, I see that I DO have the potential to be really great in this field, it was just that I wasn't in the right mindset. After meditating and coming to terms with myself, I realized that the more that I have tried to escape from CS, the more I gravitated towards CS. For some reason, I can't seem to shake off this innate attraction to the field, and for that reason, I have finally come to terms with myself that I DO belong in CS. I know that with hard work, consistency, passion, and motivation; I can flourish. My expectations for this year is to be immersed in CS. I am happy to know that I will have the chance to create real-world projects that will eventually develop into my portfolio that I can show off to prospective employers as well as my friends and family. I expect to work harder than ever before to prove to myself that whatever I put my mind to, I can not only achieve but I can also impress prospective employers and instructors alike. I am excited for what this semester has to offer, honestly what I am even more excited about is that I finally came to term with myself and know for a fact that I have enough confidence to do this!. What really closed the deal for me when was when I thought this to myself "what was the deciding factor that made me pursue a career in Computer Science...?".
It was looking at this picture that made me realize that Computer Science is DOES play a huge impact on our economy, and I want to be a part of that movement that can positively impact our society of today and of tomorrow....


No comments:

Post a Comment